HOPE X is in 8 hours, and I want to protect my laptop without installing a fresh OS.
I want to take reasonable precautions that still let me get to bed in the next 30 minutes.
- Install Little Snitch, and whitelist ports 80, 443, 6697
- Remove all saved wireless access points
- Disable all network devices except usb tether to phone
- Uninstall flash (or never install it in the first place)
- Tape over camera
- Disable bluetooth
- Use a password manager instead of typing in passwords manually
- Never share a usb port
- Disable all network services